Sunday, April 17, 2016

Salvation Sunday: Catholic girl problems

Soooooo, I sat for a while and thought about what I should write for this Salvation Sunday, and I decided on a funny little topic, Catholic girl problems.


1) Having to sneeze or cough during Mass or adoration.
                                          
                                   ( And we hold it in, trying not to be disruptive.) 
2) Getting super tired during early morning Mass
                                 
                            ( I'm not bored, I'm just really, really, ready to take a nap!) 
3) Biggest fear? Not observing the Eucharistic fast.
                               
                    ( I swear that I have had nightmares about not observing the fast!) 
4) Accidentally losing track of Hail Marys on the Rosary beads and trying to look at other's Rosaries to see what everybody else is on.
                               
                                                   ( Am I on 8 or 9? Or could it be 7?) 
5) Taking a small sibling to the bathroom during Mass, and coming back and hearing from another sibling, " I need to go to the bathroom!"
                               
                                  ( I was just there, I just sat down!) 
6) Hearing the tearing of a hymnal coming from your pew.
                               
                                  
                ( Put it back, fast, we can't let anyone see the horrible crime that we have committed!) 
7) Being asked to lead opening or closing prayer at youth group.
                                   
                              ( "Wait... me?" Scrambling to think of something fast.)
8) When you can't decide on what saint to choose for confirmation.
                                   
                                 ( There are too many good saints to use as role models) 
9) Reading a book or watching a movie, and then BOOM bad word, or inappropriate scene!
                                                 
     ( *throws book* Look what you've done! I have books that I've never finished because of this!)

10) Feeling awful in confession.
                                   
( Which believe it or not is a good thing, we should feel bad for our sins! But it doesn't make it any more pleasant!) 

So that was my 10 Catholic girl problems! I hope to do more someday!

Whistle while you work,
                               Emma
                             

No comments:

Post a Comment