Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Today I'm Thankful for My Struggles

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and I think it's fitting that I tell you all what I'm thankful for. I am thankful for my struggles.  Yes, you read that right. There are other things that I am thankful for of course,  my faith, my family, my friends, my home, but I do feel thankful for my problems too. One of my main struggles is taking things slowly, I am the kind of person who jumps headfirst into a situation without a plan, it usually ends with someone helping me out of the hole I dug. I also want people think and function like I do, a million things are always going through my head, and I do get angry when others can't keep up. Another struggle is following a pattern/plan. I like to crochet and knit without a pattern and make it up as I go, I do this with food as well, I would rather cook and see what happens than cook with a recipe. ( I should probably learn how to fix that, because I will be going to culinary school next year, and I don't think that they'll let me do that.) And as it normally goes, the food and craft doesn't always turn out like I want it to. Which leads to the problem of writing, specifically school, I have a 10 page paper that I am dreading with all my heart. Mainly because I would rather write my opinion, ( like on my blog) than write what someone wants. Which makes me great at creative writing but horrible at any other kind of writing. The reason that I am thankful for these things is because they make me the only me there is out there.  Yes, they are quirks, but once I put all my struggles out on my plate, and accept them, I can let God in to fix some of those problems, and make me the Emma Mooradian that He wants me to be.  Go and stuff yourselves full of turkey and pumpkin pie, consider your struggles and let God help.

Happy Thanksgiving, and Whistle while you work,
Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment