Sunday, May 1, 2016

Salvation Sunday: Ireland's last seminary.

Just recently I was informed that Ireland is down to one seminary for the entire country.  As of this year, there will only be 70 seminarians in Ireland. So how did a Catholic country fall so far? It is hard to say for sure, but it is most likely due to the fact that the modern media has changed not only Ireland, but the world. The Catholic Church, the strongest organization on the world, is decreasing in size.  Today most people don't open their hearts up to God, and listen to what He has to say about their vocations. Asking God to open your heart to Him is easy. A seminarian friend of mine told me that when I pray, to ask God to take away the desires that I have put there, and to leave the desires that God has put there. For those that don't know what God wants their vocation to be, just add a simple prayer. " God, show me your way, help me make it my way."  Well, I think that about sums it up! Sorry it was such a short post! 

Whistle while you work,
                                 Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment